domokeudesu's wonderland

beauty reviews, kpop fan girling, kawaii diys and more. ~^.^~

Saturday, July 9, 2016

REVIEW: Chosungah 22 Dong Gong Minn Jello Color Kit

Purchase the palette~
This is an up and down review of the Dong Gong Minn jello color kit from the brand Chosungah 22. I ordered this from sephora's website and paid $39 for it. I really wish I could say its a good price for the quality but it didn't pass my expectations in some aspects of the palette.


Ok, so first off let me just start with the packaging. It's really cute, I especially like the manga-styled eyes on the front. The palette itself is actually a metal tin so I'm comfortable with traveling with it as I'm not afraid it will break and I have tested this numerous times and it survived. On the inside though the black and white thing holding the colors is a thick paper with some gloss finish on the design, so not the best. It does get dirty pretty easily, but it's not hard to clean. Also the mirror is so close to the shadows that it always leaves a mark whenever I close it. But these things can be overlooked for me.
So, as you know the title describes the shadows as jello, which is accurate for the concept they were going for. They really truly bounce. Sometimes I feel I'm going to squish them too hard and ruin the dome shape but it has never happened. I recommend that you use your fingers when applying in order to get the maximum pigmentation. Every time I use an eye shadow brush it just dents it and doesn't really pick up any color. It's not really a powder but it's not way to creamy either. Overall I'd say these were basically eye shadow crayons in a palette form, with the fun squishy bouncing thing going on.
Now that you've understood the name and the texture behind it, I think it will be much easier for you to understand why I get so frustrated and disappointed when I wear these. That is also the more reason why I really have to take a moment to think about choosing to wear anything out of this palette. If you think about it, eye makeup is basically an outfit for your eyes and you wouldn't want your freshly starched pants to crease or disappear off of you right? Well that's exactly what this does regardless of my precautions I use, such as: primer, a matte powder shadow under it, and even translucent powder to set it. I do find it bearable to wear these with a combination of a powder color maybe in the crease, a season in the year when my eyelids aren't oily, and  when they aren't too dry. I have a very solid love/hate relationship with it. Now each color really pigmented especially the three glitter colors; venus, mercury, and mars. I have tried using pluto and jupiter for eye prime or base for traditional eyeshadow and all it did was trigger them to crease. So, as you can see there are ALOT of things to consider when buying this palette. I personally gave it a try because I could only find a limited amount of reviews on it, all of which barely reviewed it, so I hope this is enough of a run down for any of you out there wanting to know all the details.~;D If you got this far.. lol thank you for reading I have some swatches below!



btw ( it's not showing up in the pictures but the glitter shadows are no joke they will leave you with fallout for days lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment