domokeudesu's wonderland

beauty reviews, kpop fan girling, kawaii diys and more. ~^.^~

Monday, October 10, 2016

DIY: Japanese Laduree Inspired Rose Petal Blush under $5


Hello peeps! Today I have a super pretty princessy diy for you all.  I'm sure if you've ever been on youtube and instagram you have seen this product over and over.  Yes I know I'm really late on diying this but who says I can't.  Psh I do what I want~ haha.  But honestly I was kind of surprised when all off a sudden someone made this blush really popular, because I had known about and wanted it since like 2012.  Yea, exact words of an x-hipster.  Anyways I spotted it on Imomoko, a retailer in Asian beauty products, and it of course is still up as long as the sales have raised.  So if you would like to purchase the real deal, here's a link.

$170 vs not even $5 
let's begin

All you'll need is a pretty glass or plastic container, I found mine for only $1 and it's plastic.  You will also need some fake rose petals, it doesn't matter what color, you can use pink, yellow, even black, but I wanted the pinks to stand out so I used white. Some primer, brushes and blushes of your choice.  Optional shimmery eyeshadow.

  I used the smashbox primer instead of one of my eye primers because it's clear and I didn't want it to interfere with the rest of the colors, although I tried it with a yellow tone eye base and it worked out fine.
I have a rose colored cream blush and a powder version, same with the highlighters to make sure they are set.

STEP 1:
rub your primer all over the petal to ensure that your product wont come off or neglect to stay on
STEP 2:

 spread on your cream blush, if you choose to use that, then follow it by setting it with a powder blush similar in color
STEP 3:

repeat step 2 except start from the bottom of the petal to create an ombre effect with the shimmery color, if you want you could just brush this color all over to make the whole petal shimmery
STEP 4: Repeat


I did the same thing, only with a coral colored blush to create some variety because you don't have to stick with one tone, then I added a light champagne colored highlight to the bottom. :)
As for wearing this as an actual blush, this isn't really for that, it just depends on how much blush you pack on each petal and the pigmentation of the blush you use.  Mine sadly doesn't work as a blush, the only thing that picks up is the highlight color, which surprisingly looks really soft on the face so I may wear it for that.  Other than that it still does not disappoint me because it makes my vanity look like that of a princesses.  I definitely encourage you to try this, it literally only cost me $1 because I had plenty of fake roses around my room, and I didn't buy any new blushes, you could probably even use lipsticks for red rose petals etc. So go ahead and try it out!
ps.  since it's already unconventional, why not make it scented?
 ~^.^~


3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS. Thank you for this!!! I seriously need to try this. I wanted this blush when I first discovered it :o I have to find a pretty container now *~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS. Thank you for this!!! I seriously need to try this. I wanted this blush when I first discovered it :o I have to find a pretty container now *~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Yes I loved that on the original it had a cameo, it was really elegant, I hope you can find a great container, because as long as you have that everything else will come together nicely!

      Delete