domokeudesu's wonderland

beauty reviews, kpop fan girling, kawaii diys and more. ~^.^~

Sunday, December 25, 2016

DIY: HOLO Palette Coasters

In spirit of Christmas, I decided to put a spin on a Pinterest post. I thought it was clever and I had to give it a go, and me being an average girl trying out and concocting diys myself, this situation is no different. all it takes is $5 and some time.

What you'll need 
1. craft/popsicle sticks
2. hot glue
3. scissors
4. glitter
5. an exacto knife (optional)

Step 1

 For the entire palette, you'll need 12 sticks. On each end perforate a line about a centimeter in with the exacto knife for all twelve sticks. 

Step 2

Cut off the ends that you marked.

Step 3

Organize the sticks to form a palette before you glue. You'll need 7 laid horizontal for the top, 4 for the outside and 1 for support in the middle. Then just glue them accordingly.

Step 4

Glitter! And as with any time I want to use glitter I encounter an accident. I swear it never fails. I put glitter on only two of the coasters I made, one all over and the other striped. I think it's a nice variation. But I used holographic silver and white glitter to make it look like snow crystals. I used an enamel to apply it because I couldn't find any glue, then I sealed it with the enamel for a couple of coats so that glitter wouldn't follow my cups or hands to the grave. You could sub the glitter for silver paint I wouldn't blame you and next time I make it I will probably do just that.
I wish you a Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment